Blevins Middle School Athletics
Middle School PSD League Format Changes
The Poudre School District Athletic Department is excited to announce changes to Middle School athletic programming beginning in the fall of 2022.
* 6th graders will now have opportunities to compete in all individual sports. This includes cross country, golf, track, as well as the additions of tennis and wrestling.
* Football, basketball, and volleyball will be moving to a mixed-grade Varsity/JV/C-team model as opposed to 7th and 8th grade teams (as currently constructed). Softball, and all individual sports referenced above are currently operating under the Varsity/JV/C-team model.
* Increased number of athletic opportunities for 6th grade students.
* Allows athletes to compete and receive instruction at the appropriate level, regardless of grade.
* Provides flexibility for those schools with extremely high/low participation numbers.
* Creates one consistent competitive model across all sports within the PSD Middle School Athletic League.
* Sub-Varsity competition opportunities will be increased.
* Total program roster size will be increased in basketball and volleyball.
To register for a sport, see our REGISTRATION Page.
Blevins Athletic Director: Rick Overton, firstname.lastname@example.org